Zahir Jiwan is a Dental Therapist Hygienist at Perry Vale Dental conveniently available throughout the week and offers hours outside work to suit you.
Zahir has been with us for 7 years and has a huge client base, but that doesn’t stop him for taking care of all his patients.
Health education is an important part of the role and the dental therapist is responsible for carrying out a range of procedures, including:
- intra and extra oral assessment
- scaling and polishing
- applying materials to teeth such as fluoride and fissure sealants
- taking dental radiographs
- providing dental health education on a one-to-one basis or in a group situation
- undertaking routine restorations in both deciduous (previously known as baby teeth) teeth and permanent teeth, on adults and children
- using all materials except pre cast or pinned placements
- extracting deciduous (baby) teeth under local infiltration analgesia
- he also performs cleaning under IV sedation
- direct access to see your hygienist